Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I change the Wiper motor (front 1 arm) in a 94 model C 220 Mercedes?

You one please tell me how to change the wiper motor on my 94 麓C220 Merceds. I just stopped working. Fuses are ok, Screenwash still works. Motor seems to be blocked or broken. After 2 weeks not moving the car the wiper moved 2 cm when switched on - then dead again! I don麓t need advice that I should go to a mechanic - thanks, thats the backup plan. How can I safely remove the covers and get access to the motor? Are there any tricks to think of? Thanks for your help.How do I change the Wiper motor (front 1 arm) in a 94 model C 220 Mercedes?
......You will have to start doing a process of elimination. Take the motor off and take two wires one negative and the other positive from the battery and test against the motor. If it moves freely then the motor is good. But my guess is that the motor is packing up.. Inside it has carbon brushes and I think these have worn down. Its very difficult to buy these brushes. So buy a new motor and refit, all should be well. Go and purchase the user manual from Halfords, first. Good luckHow do I change the Wiper motor (front 1 arm) in a 94 model C 220 Mercedes?
I can tell you that having changed a wiper-motor on a C220 it is a bastard of a job. These motors fail very regularly, yours is just one more example I have heard of. You need to get a workshop manual, there is no way I could explain it here, let alone to say it's a horrendous job.How do I change the Wiper motor (front 1 arm) in a 94 model C 220 Mercedes?
Well, my 96 C-220 did that too. I took it to the dealer just for a quote. The gal in the front office wrote it up and drove it back to the service bay. She came back about 10 minutes later -- wiper working fine. I felt a bit put off as I'd only asked for a quote. She said that it just needed to be lubed and they did it for no charge. Benz dealers are like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment